Define define and develop a general purpose standard that benefits all organizations in the ecosystem, to support a global, open embedded processor interface for all embedded controlled applications.
To develop a standardized way that defines and ease-of-use process for which organizations debug embedded microcontrollers.
To fulfill its mission, the Nexus 5001™ Forum goals include:
- Update the existing Nexus 5001 Forum specification to the relevant industry standard
- Accelerate the process by leveraging existing technology and encompassing new technology through strategic partnerships
- Publish and Maintain a public domain standard
- Solicit endorsement and leverage other embedded processor, tools companies, and industry partners.
- Establish a validation methodology and process